Frequently Asked Questions
I can't find my question!
You've got something you'd like to find out about or would like to offer feedback? Just send us a message: email@example.com
How Meet5 works
Meet5 is the app for get-togethers
And it works as simple as that:
Via Facebook or e-mail you can subscribe to the free app and create a short profile - all you need is a photo and a few keywords!
Select group meetings
Look at the meeting overview, choose a suitable group meeting and participate. Or create your own meeting of your choice.
You get to know five other Meet5 users directly at the meeting without chatting too much. Because the focus of Meet5 is on the group meetings and getting to know each other in real life (nevertheless, a group chat opens in every meeting, so you can clear up everything organizational).
Questions all around Meet5
Is Meet5 a dating app?
Does Meet5 cost money?
Everything that revolves around meeting new people at previously organised get-togethers is free. Extra features, such as private chatting with users requires a monthly subscription.
This is how the Meet5 app is built!
Here are all group meetings in your area listed. If you want to know more about a meeting or want to participate, just tap on the meeting.
Here you will find all the meetings you have agreed to attend and all invitations. For iOS devices, the meetings and invitations that you have accepted are located under "Meet".
Here you can discover users in your area. "Visitors" are the users who have viewed your profile. "Favored" are the users who have favored you with a star. You can find your own favorite users under the category "Profile". However, "Visitors" and "Favored" are part of the premium version of the app. If you don't have a premium version, these users are only displayed blurred.
Here you can find pictures and stories of meetings that have already taken place. On Android devices the magazine is hidden under "Discover" in the upper right corner (small book icon).
Here you can find all chats (group chats as well as private chats). On the top right you will find all notifications - just tap on the little bell.
Here you will find all functions around your profile. For example, you can view your own profile and your favorites. You can also edit your profile at any time. Behind the small cogwheel in the upper right corner you will find the settings.
How do I create a get-together?
Creating your own group meeting is easy, fast and fun!
Invite other users to your meeting. You also have the option to filter by interests and characteristics.
Where do get-togethers take place?
Feel free to choose any location in your city.
Will get-togethers still take place if there are less participants than potential seats?
How can I leave a get-together or call in sick?
You can leave a meeting via the three dots in the corner of the meeting. But only until eight hours before the get-together starts. From 8 hours before the meeting, a reason is required, which is displayed to the other participants in the chat.
What happens if I don't turn up?
How can I stay in touch with others after our get-together?
A group chat, with all the participants of said group, will open as well, allowing you to converse with other members.
Can I set up more than one group at a time?
When will the group chat open?
The group chat will always open directly, even if only one person is participating. The group chat will also stay open even if one participant decides to leave the meeting, but it will close for the person that left.
How can I sort the meetings?
Where do I find my invitations?
How do I invite other users to a get-together?
To invite other users to a get-together simply tap on one of the free places or tap "More" in the top right corner and then tap "Invite users".
Why are no meetings displayed?
How does a video get-together work?
Why a get-together for two?
How do I create a video get-together?
You create a video get-together the same way you create a regular Meet5 group get-together. Just tap "Create" in the meeting overview (Apple devices) or the small plus in the lower right corner (Android devices).
You can add in the title of your meeting that it takes place virtually or online, but you don't have to. Each meeting automatically gets a video link anyway (in the description once the meeting is created as well as in the group chat that opens after creation).
We have created "virtual locations" for you, which you can select as a location. However, since these had to be created manually for each individual city, these "virtual locations" are only available for larger cities. If you are not offered a virtual location as a place, just choose a restaurant in your city as a placeholder. It would only be important that you mention in the description that it is a video meeting, if it is not already directly obvious from the title.
Tips for a virtual meeting with Jitsi:
If you are unsure or something should not work, the following tips will definitely help you:
Test the video link before the actual meeting - the virtual room is always open.
Check if your camera and microphone are working (Jitsi or the browser may still need your permission to access them).
If you have problems, try another browser (copy the link and paste it into another browser).
Make sure you have a stable internet connection.
If a problem arises: close the video room and open it again.
More tips for a successful video meeting:
Stay in touch via group chat. If you have problems or are unsure, the others will be happy to help you. Alternatively, there is a text chat at Jitsi.
You can also share your screen and watch a YouTube video together (so you can do sports together).
If someone joins uninvited and does not leave the meeting even after repeated requests, you can remove this participant (e.g. if a man joins a women's meeting uninvited).
Use a headset if possible, so the microphone is closer and you are easier to understand.
Mute yourself when you are not talking to avoid noise.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Who sees my meeting?
Your meeting will be seen by all Meet5 members who are nearby or have set their location and radius to include the location of your meeting.
Who will be invited if I choose "Invite all suggestions"?
You can invite users individually by tapping the little plus in the bottom right of the picture, by inviting your favorites, or by selecting "Invite all suggestions".
"Invite all suggestions" means that some members will be invited randomly. You can tap this button multiple times - invitations from you will never go out twice. The members that are suggested to you are all located near the meeting. The selection is therefore based on the location of the meeting. So it can not happen that members are invited who live hundreds of kilometers away.
Can I chat with anyone?
What does the green dot mean?
The green dot that some users have at the upper right corner of their profile picture means that they have been active on the Meet5 app during the last couple of hours.
What does "verified" mean?
The "verified" symbol means that this user went to at least one group date. It basically shows you that the profile picture they are using depicts the person.
What are tags?
Tags can help you describing yourself. You can search for them when editing your profile and can choose up to 20 different tags. You can also search for users using tags.
Which badges are available?
You have the opportunity to earn badges. You can find the list of your already received badges in your profile.
These are all 18 badges:
• Insider (You receive this badge when you have met someone of the Meet5 team).
• Striker (You will receive this badge if you have successfully participated in a bowling group date).
• Gamer (You will receive this badge if you have successfully participated in an Escape Room or another game night).
• Tiger Woods (You will receive this badge if you have successfully participated in a (mini) golf group date).
• Darth Vader (You receive this badge if you fought Stormtrooper at Laser Tag).
• Jetsetter (You will receive this badge if you have successfully participated in group dates in different cities).
• Detective (Find Waldo! You receive this badge if you have found and favored Waldo. You do not know who Waldo is? Then you should google it).
• Baker (You will receive this badge when you create your own group meetings. The more meetings you make, the higher the level you reach).
• Grapely (You receive this badge if you have successfully participated in group dates with more than 6 people).
• Magnet (You will receive this badge as soon as you invite users to a group date. The more users you invite to different group dates, the higher the level you achieve).
• Spy (You receive this badge when you watch group meetings. The more group encounters you observe, the higher the level you achieve).
• Always awake (You receive this badge when you open the app every day and look at users and group dates. If you manage it for 30 days straight, you can reach the highest level).
• Parrot (You get this badge when you start private chats with other users and you talk to each other. The more chats you start, the higher the level you achieve).
• Author (You receive this badge when you complete your profile completely).
• Model (You're a top model, you look good! That's why you uploaded all 4 profile pictures).
• Gentleman (You will receive this badge if you successfully attend group dates and the other participants have confirmed that you were present).
• Favored (You receive this badge when you tag other users with a star (favorite). The more users you mark, the higher the level you reach).
• James Bond (Your name is Bond, James Bond. You get this badge when you look at profiles of other users and take a closer look. The more users you look at, the higher the level you reach).
Have fun collecting the badges!
What does the star or "Add Favorite" mean?
Under "Discover" you can see the users who have favored you (but this function is part of Premium).
How can I cancel my premium subscription?
How do I delete my user account?
You want to deactivate your account? That’s too bad!
Even if we don't like letting you go, you can easily delete your account by following these steps:
Tap on "Profile"
You will find the settings by tapping on the small gear wheel
At the very bottom is "Delete account"
Where are the settings?
Tap on "Profile" and then on the small gear wheel.
What is the age filter?
2. you will only receive invitations from users in this age range and you will only be able to invite users in this age range
3. you can only receive private messages from users within your specified age range.
How do I change my radius or location?
How do I unsubscribe from the e-mails?
What are the premium features?
First of all, you will be able to find out who tagged you as a favorite.
Are our prices justified?
What does premium cost?
You can choose between three premium packages:
monthly premium subscription: 29,99 €
3-month package: 59,99 €
Half year membership: 89,99 €
There are no further costs, with Premium you can use the app to its full extent.
How do I cancel my Premium subscription?
Premium subscriptions purchased through the Play Store or App Store must be canceled there as well. Unfortunately, we do not have access to your subscription and cannot cancel it for you.
If you subscribed via the Apple App Store, follow the instructions under this link:
If you subscribed via the Google Playstore, follow the instructions under this link: