I can't find my question!
You've got something you'd like to find out about? Just send us a message firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to enquire about a subscription or would like to offer feedback, email@example.com is the address for you.
We would like to thank you for your feedback and support and hope that you enjoy Meet5.
How Meet5 works
Meet5 is the app for get-togethers
And it works as simple as that:
Everything about group meetings (creating meetings, participating in meetings and inviting users is free).
Here you will find all important questions and answers about Meet5. Just choose one of the appropriate categories at the top of the menu bar.
Via Facebook or e-mail you can subscribe to the free app and create a short profile - all you need is a photo and a few keywords!
Select group meetings
Look at the meeting overview, choose a suitable group meeting and participate. Or create your own meeting of your choice.
You get to know five other Meet5 users directly at the meeting without chatting too much. Because the focus of Meet5 is on the group meetings and getting to know each other in real life (nevertheless, a group chat opens in every meeting, so you can clear up everything organizational).
Questions all around Meet5
Is Meet5 a dating app?
Not primarily. Technically, Meet5 is an app that focuses on establishing connections between people - mainly platonic. Mainly. Flirting is, of course, also present during quite a few get-togethers, but it's mainly about making and establishing friendships.
If you do end up meeting the love of your life through the usage of our app, let us know - we'd be delighted to hear from you.
Does Meet5 cost money?
Everything that revolves around meeting new people at previously organised get-togethers is free. Extra features, such as private chatting with users requires a monthly subscription.
How do I create a get-together?
Creating your own group meeting is easy, fast and fun!
Create your dream meeting in just a few steps:
Choose a title, the day and time.
Choose any location that comes to your mind.
Invite other users to your meeting. You also have the option to filter by interests and characteristics.
Go to your meeting, meet nice people and spend a great time together.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org If something goes completely wrong, don't worry. As long as nobody else participates, we can remove the meeting.
Where do get-togethers take place?
Feel free to choose any location in your city.
Will get-togethers still take place if there are less participants than potential seats?
Yes, even if not every seat is taken the get-togethers can take place. You can just talk to each other over the chat and determine wether you will meet up or not.
How can I leave a get-together or call in sick?
You can leave a meeting via the three dots in the corner of the meeting. But only until eight hours before the get-together starts. From 8 hours before the meeting, a reason is required, which is displayed to the other participants in the chat.
When you have left the meeting, you automatically leave the group chat and can no longer access the messages.
Nevertheless, it is important to be fair and try to actually come to promised meetings!
What happens if I don't turn up?
Failing to comply with these regulations can and will result in your account being banned from our app for a duration of 48 hours.
Regular or repeated short-term cancellation or unnotified and unexplained absence can lead to a long-term ban of your account.
Do you have get-togethers that offer me something other than food?
Yes, as a matter of fact we do have activities besides eating on offer for you.
If you can come up with any other mind-blowingly cool activities (alcohol? tree climbing?Disneyland? Intoxicated tree climbing in Disneyland?) just set up a get-together in the Meet5-app. If you do set up a trip to Disneyland, sign me up.
Am I obliged to order food or drinks during a get-together?
Well, we can't actually force you.
But we should probably point out that Meet5 organises nice, relaxed dates in small groups and you should at least order something small, unless you're busy trying to convince the cute girl sitting next to you that you're secretly a vampire.
Restaurant owners live off the money they make in their restaurants. For the more careless ones of you, here's some more incentive: owners of restaurants, bars, diners and pubs reserve the right to kick you out if they do not agree with your behaviour.
Besides, life is a lot more fun with food by your side.
How can I stay in touch with others after our get-together?
A group chat, with all the participants of said group, will open as well, allowing you to converse with other members.
Can I set up more than one group at a time?
Yes, you can organise multiple get-togethers at any given time.
A meeting can be set up up to 90 days in advance.
What should I call my get-together?
Be creative! Or just let us do the creative bit and choose a suggestion from the list below. either way works.
For your perusal:
We're just friends
We're not just friends
Definitely not just friends, otherwise known as 'couples' night out'
jocks & athletes
Star Trek meeting
'Star Wars is so much better' meeting
After Work Drinks
Before work drinks
Group therapy for kids whose parents are doing the 'Parents' Talk'
Lovers of nature
Lovers of Animals
full-blown food fight war cats vs. dogs
Philosophy round (plenty of beer is advised)
Theology round (for the truly brave)
'all right then, just one drink'
let's talk about travel
To a night that none of us will remember
Pro Gamer move: meet up in a virtual bar
Wine and beer
Whisky and cigars
Smoke and a pancake
Tyler Durdens United : one man in a bar
Stock market discussion
Bank robbers anonymous
Let's wake up hungover
Topics of conversation for your meeting
Festivals and concerts
Novels, books, poems, songs
Your worst pick-up lines
A normal conversation, just with hidden movie references
Movies and cinema
Your first date
Your worst date
Don't talk, just drink
Your favourite conspiracies
When will the group chat open?
The group chat will always open directly, even if only one person is participating. The group chat will also stay open even if one participant decides to leave the meeting, but it will close for the person that left.
How do I sort the meetings?
iOS: Via Settings
Android: Via the "list"-symbol in the top right corner next to the questionmark.
You can sort the meetings by amount of free spots or by date.
Where do I find my invitations?
You have received an invitation?
If you have an Android device, you can find all your invitations at "My Meetings".
If you have an iOS device, you'll see your invitations at the top of the meeting overview.
How do I invite other users to a get-together?
To invite other users to a get-together simply tap on one of the free places or tap "More" in the top right corner and then tap "Invite users".
You can now invite as many users as you want and even filter by name and interests.
When you tap the plus icon, the user will automatically receive an invitation. A check mark will then appear instead of the plus icon.
Or you can tap "Invite all", in this case some users will be invited randomly.
Why are no meetings displayed?
Meet5 is mainly represented in the Rhein-Main area as well as in Munich, Hamburg, Berlin and Cologne.
A little tip: If no meetings are shown in your area, expand your radius a little. The default radius is set to 10 km.
Just tap on the location symbol in the top left-hand corner of the overview. The radius can be set to up to 100 km.
Can I chat with anyone?
There is one stipulation concerning one-on-one chats: one of you has to have a premium account in order for the two of you to converse in private. Anyone can initiate a chat, regardless of whether or not a user has a premium membership or not. To keep on chatting with each other, at least one of the two users has to be subscribed to premium.
What does the green dot mean?
The green dot that some users have at the upper right corner of their profile picture means that they have been active on the Meet5 app during the last couple of hours.
What does "verified" mean?
The "verified" symbol means that this user went to at least one group date. It basically shows you that the profile picture they are using depicts the person.
What are tags?
Tags can help you describing yourself. You can search for them when editing your profile and can choose up to 20 different tags. You can also search for users using tags.
Which badges are available?
You have the opportunity to earn badges. You can find the list of your already received badges in your profile.
These are all 18 badges:
• Insider (You receive this badge when you have met someone of the Meet5 team).
• Striker (You will receive this badge if you have successfully participated in a bowling group date).
• Gamer (You will receive this badge if you have successfully participated in an Escape Room or another game night).
• Tiger Woods (You will receive this badge if you have successfully participated in a (mini) golf group date).
• Darth Vader (You receive this badge if you fought Stormtrooper at Laser Tag).
• Jetsetter (You will receive this badge if you have successfully participated in group dates in different cities).
• Detective (Find Waldo! You receive this badge if you have found and favored Waldo. You do not know who Waldo is? Then you should google it).
• Baker (You will receive this badge when you create your own group meetings. The more meetings you make, the higher the level you reach).
• Grapely (You receive this badge if you have successfully participated in group dates with more than 6 people).
• Magnet (You will receive this badge as soon as you invite users to a group date. The more users you invite to different group dates, the higher the level you achieve).
• Spy (You receive this badge when you watch group meetings. The more group encounters you observe, the higher the level you achieve).
• Always awake (You receive this badge when you open the app every day and look at users and group dates. If you manage it for 30 days straight, you can reach the highest level).
• Parrot (You get this badge when you start private chats with other users and you talk to each other. The more chats you start, the higher the level you achieve).
• Author (You receive this badge when you complete your profile completely).
• Model (You're a top model, you look good! That's why you uploaded all 4 profile pictures).
• Gentleman (You will receive this badge if you successfully attend group dates and the other participants have confirmed that you were present).
• Favored (You receive this badge when you tag other users with a star (favorite). The more users you mark, the higher the level you reach).
• James Bond (Your name is Bond, James Bond. You get this badge when you look at profiles of other users and take a closer look. The more users you look at, the higher the level you reach).
Have fun collecting the badges!
How can I cancel my premium subscription?
On apple devices:
1) head to settings, go onto [insert name here] and then tap on iTunes& App Store
2) Next, go onto 'Apple ID'
3) Scroll down until you reach subscriptions
5) Tap the subscription that you would like to cancel
6) Tap 'cancel subscription'
On Android devices:
1) Go to play.google.com
2) Check to see if you are logged in to the correct google account
3) click on 'my subscriptions'
4) choose the subscription that you would like to cancel
5) click on edit and then ' cancel subscription'
How do I delete my user account?
You want to deactivate your account? That’s too bad!
Even if we don't like letting you go, you can easily delete your account by following these steps:
Where are the settings?
Tap on "My profile" and then on the small gear wheel.
What is the age filter?
You can set an age filter in the meeting overview and in the settings.
Once the filter is activated, you can select an age range.
The age filter affects the following:
1. you will only be shown meetings with at least one user of the specified age.
2. you will only receive invitations from users in this age range and you will only be able to invite users in this age range
3. you can only receive private messages from users within your specified age range.
You can change or deactivate the age filter at any time.
How do I change my radius or location?
You will only be shown meetings that are within your radius. This can be adjusted flexibly.
Just tap on the location symbol at the top of the meeting overview. The radius can be extended up to 100 km.
How do I unsubscribe from the e-mails?
We leave it up to you to decide which emails you want to receive from us and which you don't. That's why you can deactivate or reactivate each e-mail individually in the settings of your app.
You will also find an unsubscribe button at the bottom of each e-mail.
What are the premium features?
First of all, you will be able to find out who tagged you as a favorite.
With being subscribed to premium you can also send and answer private chats.
Another important feature is that you will be able to open group dates with up to 12 people when having a premium account.
Other perks are that you can find out who visited your profile, you will be able to be invisible by using Ghost Mode (hide your online status and you will not be shown as a profile visitor to other users) and create meetings "by invitation only" and decide who can attend your meeting.
Are our prices justified?
Our subscription fees depend on which package you decide to purchase; should you choose to subscribe to our Meet5 premium package for a duration of six months, you pay 15 € a month (only 0,50 € per day), which is significantly less than the fees other apps charge for similar services.
If you take a look at our competitors, our fees begin to pale in comparison:
Signing up for a "face-to-face" meeting will cost you around 16€ .
Taking part in a meeting using Meet5 is absolutely free. Parship's somewhat exorbitant fees can be as high as 70€ a month- and most users meet less people in six months than Meet5 users do in a single week.
Futhermore, Meet5 users spend around 20€ on a single outing. Considering that these events and opportunities wouldn't be there without Meet5, we figure that we deserve our fair share.
What does premium cost?
You can choose between three premium packages:
monthly premium subscription: 29,99 €
3-month package: 59,99 €
Half year membership: 89,99 €
There are no further costs, with Premium you can use the app to its full extent.